Re: Changing IP address on Ethernet without loosing connectivity

Christian Kratzer (ck@toplink.net)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:29:59 +0200

Pedro Melo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I seem to remmember seen this somewhere, but I cannot remmember where.
>
> I have a remote POP with a small Cisco and a PM3. They are linked via a
> ethernet. I would like to change the IP address, the netmask and the default gw
> of the PM3 without loosing connectivity.
>
> As soon as I type set address 193.219.102.189, I lose connectivity... :(

then telnet in again using the new ip address. Worked just fine last
time
I did it. Remember to telnet in from a box on the same segment as you
might
have screwed your default gateway.

Greetings
Christian Kratzer