Re: snmpwalk & livingston MIB

John-David Childs (jdc@denver.net)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:25:18 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, PM Mailing List wrote:

> Whenever I run snmpwalk (cmu-snmp) with livingston's MIB
> (ftp://ftp.livingston.com/pub/le/snmp/livingston.mib) it gives me this
> error message:
>
> Should be ACCESS((): On or around line 69
> Bad parse of objecttype: On or around line 69
> Mib table is bad. Exiting

I remember seeing this problem when I was using the original (old) version
of CMU-snmpwalk. Try downloading ucd-snmp from
ftp.ece.ucdavis.edu/pub/snmp and see if that improves anything, or better
yet use the snmpwalk that comes with scotty! It's a little more
complicated to get scotty running, but I think the rewards are worth it.
See the scotty homepage at http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty/
(IMHO, it's useful to have both Scotty and UCD-Snmp, the former for its
suite of tcl scripts (including a web-based snmpwalk program) and the
latter for its "extensible" MIBs (you can write a script to snmpmonitor
just about anything you want)).
--

John-David Childs (JC612) @denver.net/Internet-Coach
System Administrator Enterprise Internet Solutions