Re: Bay Networks to Support x2 ...

James Carlson (carlson@xylogics.com)
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:49:56 -0400

In message <Pine.BSI.3.95.970722142019.8196A-100000@maslow.cia-g.com>, Stephen
Fisher writes:

> Something I thought others would find interesting, a press release I found
> while wandering around http://x2.usr.com
>
> "Bay Networks to Support x2 (56 Kbps) Technology from 3Com in its Remote
> Access 5000 MSX Platform"
>
> More information available at http://x2.usr.com/news/baynet.html
>
> Which means USR isn't the only vendor with server-side X2 anymore!?

We'll be shipping 5399's in both a K56flex flavor and an X2 flavor. We're
not permitted to run both on one board, but we are allowed to run either on
a given board as long as the only upgrade path is to the ITU standard
(when that's available) and not to the other flavor.

> Oh well, I'll still stick with a PM3..:)

Is Livingston planning an X2 version? Or are they waiting for the ITU
standard? (Given the level of grief required to either, I can see why most
would want to wait ...)

---
James Carlson <carlson@xylogics.com>, Prin Engr   Tel:  +1 508 916 4351
Bay Networks - Annex I/F Develop. / 8 Federal ST        +1 800 225 3317
Mail Stop BL08-05 / Billerica  MA  01821-3548     Fax:  +1 508 916 4789