Re: Problems with ZYXEL omni.net

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:03:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Allan Jacobsen wrote:

> A potential customer can't connect using the zyxel omni.net modem.
> The firmware in the modem is upgraded to latest version. 1.17.
> Our PM2 with 5BRI-card is running comos 3.5.
> When I turn on debugging on the PM I see the connect on the B-channel
> and the PM is sending LCP-configure-requests, but it is not recieving
> anything usefull. It says BAD PPP-address every time.
> The user (win95) has tried with or without compression.
>
> Any ideas ?

Tell your customers never to buy a modem that starts with "Z". I can
think of three such brands that for whatever reason, these have always
been nothing but trouble.

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.
805-892-2133 805-289-1000 805-578-2121