Re: 56K again and again (fwd)

Jon Rust (jpr@vcnet.com)
Mon, 21 Jul 97 11:41:46 -0700

On 7/18/97 6:16 PM tim@i1.net proclaimed --

>On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Jon Rust wrote:
>
>> According to the LE guy I talked to today, they WILL be contacting folks
>> next week to see how many cards are needed. Then he added that they will
>> try to ship enough so that each intended gets at least 1 chassis worth.
>>

>This is a good solution, but I wonder how they will handle those of us
>with more than a single POP? As in I have 4 POP's with PM3's, I can just
>hear my customers using the other 3 POP's starting to whine, better stock
>up on some cheese.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but I'll take it. Something is better than
nothing. I too have multiple POPs. One's gonna be real happy and the
other's not :-/.

I forgot to add that he said LE hopes to have all the cards out within 90
days of the first shipment (which should be soon!). I guess 3 months
isn't that bad, but if you're last on that list, with hundred's of
whining, impatient customers, it will feel like an eternity.

Jon