Re: switching

John-David Childs (jdc@denver.net)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 21:13:01 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Andy Thaggard wrote:

> re,
> The switching thread was timely...I have been getting some queue
> errors that the Livingston tech tells me comes from a saturated net. I was
> wondering what you guys were monitoring (software) with, and when you
> segmented your lan. I have a pm2e30.

Like Shawn Morris at midwest.net just posted, we too are using MRTG to
monitor bandwidth and # of modems in use via SNMP. I also use NOCOL to
monitor threshold situations that I don't want/need graphed, and scotty to
walk the SNMP tree (both MIB-II (bandwidth/# of interfaces/ip/icmp/etc.)
and Enterprise (especially usernames, and the T1E1 tree)

--

John-David Childs (JC612) @denver.net/Internet-Coach System Administrator Enterprise Internet Solutions & Network Engineer 901 E 17th Ave, Denver 80218 Did you know that if you took all the economists in the world and lined them up end to end, they'd still point in the wrong direction?