Re: your mail

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 20:18:41 -1000 (HST)

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Jeff Halper wrote:

> I run 3 portmaster 2e30's. When it gets kind of busy - between 9pm and
> 11pm - lots of people have a hard time connecting to PM3 - either cannot
> connect or get disconnected right away. When I try it, I usually get in
> and stay in, and am unable to duplicate tghe problem the users have.
>
> Any ideas on what I could tweak to fix this?

First, clarify your question and what you have...

you have 3 PM2e30s.. okay _and_ you have a PM3?
How is the hunt group aka rotary setup?
what comos?
are the people with problems coming from the same CO area?

I may be the switch of your telco is overloaded at peak times... so
dropping the 10-15 users frees it up... or something similar.

DMS-100s have/had a software bug that would give users a fast busy when it
got saturated...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood