Re: PLL Errors on 2501 -> PM3(Timing Probs?)

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:15:35 -0400 (EDT)

Kyle, I have included the complete setup of the Adtran, but in reading the
other thread you were talking about timing, and the questions that were
never answered. Who supplies timing on a PRI, I assume the Telco has to
supply this timing, correct? Now I am beginning to wonder if this could be
having an effect on the timing for line1, with a PRI on line0 of the same
unit, I did change the Adtran here in NI/CLOCK SOURCE to NETWORK, so far I
haven't registered any errors in the past hour, and it seems to be a
stable connection, which doesn't mean much yet.

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Kyle Platts wrote:

> You have a timing problem. The PM3 can only take clock from the loop,
so the Adtran must be set up to provide clock to the span. The telco
passes timing through the network. >

> Verify that the Adtran is set to Internal clocking under config -
>network (ni) - clock source

> Is this a full T-1? Verify the Adtran is set that way, no bit stuffing,
>64k channels, 24 channels, continuous timeslots.

Yes it is a full T-1.

> Verify the settings again. The PLL alarm indicates that the Adtran
> cannot sync up to the selected clock source.
> Try changing the timing to loop and see what happens.

I am assuming changing the timing to loop, would be changing from
INTERNAL to NETWORK, which I did.

> Kyle Platts
> CSS-Tech
> !NTERPRISE Networking Services

Here is the exact config of the Adtran:
1) NI 1)Format:ESF
2)Code:B8ZS
3)YEL ALRM:ENA
4)XMIT PRM:OFF
5)CLOCK SOURCE:INTERNAL --> changed to NETWORK
6)BIT STUFFING:DISA
7)SET LBO:0.0
2) UNIT
-------------------------------------