Re: Authentication

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
15 Jul 1997 23:00:35 +0200

In article <Pine.BSI.3.95.970715131057.13694A-100000@maslow.cia-g.com>,
Stephen Fisher <lithium@cia-g.com> wrote:

>I don't think you can, it could be a useful feature though..
>
>On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, RTS wrote:
>
>> How would I prevent a group from being authinticated in Radius 2.0.1 ??

You could do this with cistron-radiusd-1.5.4beta (also with 1.5.3, which
is a bit more stable but the syntax is slightly different, and a better working
1.5.4 will be out soon) by putting this near the _start_ of your users file:

DEFAULT Group = "somegroup", Auth-Type = Reject
Port-Message = "Your group has no access"

I'm not sure if the livingston radius also scans and tries the entries
in the users file in the order they are found. If that is the case (just try)
it will also work with the livingston radiusd.

I also don't think that the livingston radiusd sends the Port-Message in
the Auth-Reject message to the portmaster.

Mike.

--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |  "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| miquels@cistron.nl     |  "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.."    |