Re: Backup Radius Server.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 12:42:16 -0700

Mike Pistone wrote:

> On a similar note...
>
> If auth1 goes down and it won't try auth2 for 30seconds or something like
> that. The unfortunate thing is that the win95 DUN timeout defaults to
> something less than how long it takes to try the second auth server. So
> W31 and Mac users can authenticate fine (although a bit slower) but most
> W95 people get the "compat set of net proto" message.
>
> Is it just me or do other people get this?

Actually, in six seconds (after two requests to primary) the PM
sends requests to borh primary an secondary. This means auth
should come back within nine seconds (assuming secondary is up
and responds within its first timeout). That should be more
than adequate (and when have tested Win95 successfully here)
for primary outage.

--
Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)
       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs