Re: Sz and rz problem

Theo Van Dyne ((no email))
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

Our customer Douglas Warren says:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Rich Burroughs wrote:
> > We have several PM3s running ComOS 3.5.1b19 and fed by channelized T1s.
> > This seems to work fine for most things, but I have a co-located client
> > who is having a weird problem.
> > They have a custom client/server app. The end user dials into the PM3
> > and is telnetted to the co-located server and logged in. The server
> > does an rz and gets some info from the client end of the app, then does
> > an sz to send some back.
> >
> > problem. They send a small amount of data and then the connection just
> > freezes up. We were able to duplicate this under other circumstances
> > -- telnetting from the PM3 to the co-located server and catting a large
> > file caused pretty much the same thing.

Here's a post to the list from 12/94 on using sz/rz with the opion "-e"
for escaping control characters. Don't know if there's new problem with
though with ComOS 3.5, but doubt it as haven't heard anything the past 8
months. See if this works for you. Also be sure to use sz/rz from our ftp
site:

ftp://ftp.livingston.com/pub/src/sz.tar.Z - the best version of rz/sz we
know of.