Re: "The computer you dialed disconnected..."

Thomas Arnold (tom@inna.net)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 03:01:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Jason Hatch wrote:

> While dialing into my portmasters this morning, I noticed an unusual
> problem. I was immediately getting disconnected before I could verify my
> username and password. So I brought up a terminal window after dial (in
> win95) and I was presented with my typical login prompt (no garbage, etc).

I get this problem all the time.

Next time it happens. Isolate the port that its happening on. Telnet
into the portmaster and attach to that modem. Send a couple ATZ's then an
AT&W to save the config. This should fix the problem.

Problem seems to come from the modems getting locked into a different
baudrate then the PM is locked at. a couple ATZ's so the modem knows what
speed its at and an AT&W to save that speed. I get this problem alot when
it gets warm in the computer room. I'm hoping the 18000BTU A/C I ordered
will fix the problem...

: Tom Arnold - No relation to Rosanne :
: SysAdmin/Pres - TBI, Ltd ( inna.net ) :
: The Middle Peninsula's Internet Connection :