Re: LE Support must have lots of eMails.

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:51:28 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Phil Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A quick look at various messages on PM-Users I see an awful lot c.c.'d
> to support.

8) Yeah! Sounds good...

I believe Paul Harvey would be the venue to request this type of support.

> While I think that there are numerous reasons why this practice should
> be applauded (I have done it myself) I wonder if LE should maybe have a
> few different eMail boxes depending upon content.
>
> One that springs to mind immediately is RFE's. while improvements are no
> less important than repairs in the long term, faults and problems should
> really take priority (If it doesn't have a particular feature now it is
> unlikely to have it tomorrow and most people can live with it, whereas
> if you can't get a particular feature working you usually need it
> today.)
>
> Although it hasn't happened to me, I would hate to think that my message
> to support might get missed because of a deluge of RFE's, me too's and
> complaints about missing T-Shirts :-)

hehe, yeah where is the T-Shirts!! BTW, there should be an employee store
also being debuted (sp?) I hope to at least get a cap or something... ;)

> If you think these are just the ramblings of a very tired and bored tech
> on a friday afternoon please treat it as such and don't bother replying,
> other comments (good or bad) are welcome, and please, don't c.c. it to
> support :-)

Afternoon? gak! It's still morning here! ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood