Re: BGP (fwd)

Robert Hiltibidal (rob@rob.fgi.net)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 05:23:54 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.springpatch.com

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> What planet are you living on? If you can't verify whether a router is
> working correctly why have it?

I seem to remember my computer programming teacher once say "Use the KISS
method" I could be wrong but I thought KISS meant (K)eep (I)t (S)imple
(S)tupid

There are other far more simpler ways to check a network component that a
cpu monitor.

Besides... isn't that what snmp is for ultimately? Check the bandwidth ?
>From those figures you can calculate the load usage? Takes a bnit of math
but I beleive Castle Rock and the other snmp managers do the math for
you...

> BTW, do you have an land if Florida you'd like to sell? I'll trust you
> that its right on the beach, in the best part of town, and buy it having
> never seen it.

Sorry, but this is totally irrelevant. MZ's point was why reinvent the
wheel? There are other tools out there that do a far better job. There's
really no need to antagonize.

Rob

Systems Programmer "Open the doors of your stores
rob@fgi.net 24 hours a day"
morgan@springpatch.com Springpatch Mall