Re: BGP (fwd)

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 01:14:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> > I've explained many times now why CPU monitoring on Livingston units is
> > absolutely meaningless. The kernel design is not suited to monitoring.
> > I strongly doubt we will rewrite ComOS just to allow CPU monitoring since
> > it would be a major, low-level rewrite.
>
> Yes you have. So does engineering just kinda poke at the test boxes in the
> lab, scratch their heads, and guess when a box is at capacity?

Does ComOS utilize the HLT instruction when there's nothing for the CPU to
do? Maybe we can come up with a CPU usage meter by measuring heat
dissapation from the CPU and run that into some LEDs :)

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______