Re: Slot overkill in PM3

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:22:06 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Warren Vanichuk wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:
>
> > But in the rest of the world besides The U.S. and Japan they use E1 lines
>
> Canada's also caught in the brain-deadedness that is a T1.
>
> > second instance would give you a spare slot.
>
> Care to guess as to what wonderful hardware they'll come out with for it? :)
> I've been pondering this myself.. How about a switched 10mbit/sec ethernet
> hub with a 100mbit port for tying into your network? :) Buy a few PM3s, one
> of them with this board, wire all your PM3s into the switched hub, and use
> the 100mbit port to transit your network... Just a thought.. :)

Actually my far-fetched guess it that they'll add a card to connect an
OC3, and the 100Mb on a small cascade hub, with another card with
a cascading hub, so that you can have one main unit take the OC3 and from
there tree out your bunch of PM3s to get 672 lines at once!! Hmm that'd be
one main PM3 and 14 additional units... for T1 lines of course... ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood