Re: Debugging a Portmaster

Robert Hiltibidal (rob@rob.fgi.net)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:47:56 -0500 (CDT)

Morning,

After reading a few posts we tried a few DoS attacks on our pm2e's running
ComOs 3.3.3

The results were quite impressive...

Ping o Death attempts...Totally ignored packets greater than 65k
TCP Sym Flood... Slowed it down but did not remove off line
Radius port udp flood... Totally ignored datagrams that weren't radius
datagrams

Overall I'm happy with the results...of course there may be other
vulnerabilitites we haven't tested..

I would recommend upgrading to the latest, stable ComOS, then try a few
DoS attacks of your own and see if you get similar results.

Rob

Systems Programmer "Open the doors of your stores
rob@fgi.net 24 hours a day"
morgan@springpatch.com Springpatch Mall
http://www.springpatch.com