Re: RTS/DTR

John G. Thompson (jgt10@livingston.com)
Wed, 09 Jul 1997 13:28:24 -0700

At 02:15 PM 7/9/97 -0500, Bobby Garza wrote:
>I have a pm2e-20 that serves target boards that require RTS/DTR to be
>off until tip opens the pseudo tty. Is there any way to configure a pm2
>port to drop dtr and rts while there is no tip session open to that
>port? Livingston tech support says that .5 sec is not configurable. The
>serial port on my unix box drops rts and dtr, why cant the pm2 drop them
>on hangup also?

I believe that the dtr_idle operation is what you want.

Command> set s1 dtr_idle off

This keeps dtr off until a connection is made. Refer to the Command line
guide and tech notes for more information.

JGT
John G. Thompson Livingston Enterprises Inc. Phone: (800) 458-9966
JOAT(MON) 4464 Willow Road Fax: (510)737-2110
support@livingston.com Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.livingston.com/
******* The solution to any problem lies in its proper definition. *******