Re: trouble with pmconsole on sun4

Andy Doolittle (andy@server.livingston.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 13:08:51 -0700 (PDT)

It can't find libxview. You need to modify your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include /usr/local/lib if that's where it is.

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Adam Waters wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just downloaded pm_3.5.3_sun4 and xviewlibs from ftp.livingston.com
> onto my SunOS Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20 and am having
> trouble running pmconsole.
>
> I stuck the libraries into /usr/local/lib and tried to launch pmconsole
> but recieved this message:
>
> ld.so.1: ./sun4_5.5/pm_open: fatal: libxview.so.3: can't open file: errno=2
>
> ld.so.1 is present in /usr/lib.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - Sr. Engineer Livingston Enterprises
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588