Re: Shell Access

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 01:41:12 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Luther D. Keal wrote:

> I've got a subscriber that wants shell access. He's using a Linux box
> with Minicom router as the dial-up media.
>
> He just wants shell access.
>
> I'm using PM-3 and a Linux box for authentication.
>
> How do I set up the PM-3 and/or the Radius to shut off PPP for his session
> so he comes straight in thru the PM-3 and into the Unix shell account.
>
> Sounds simple, but I'm clueless.

Kludge I've been using...

spekelo Password = "UNIX"
User-Service-Type = Login-User,
Login-Host = iav.com,
Login-Service = Rlogin

Luser can only access as dialing into the login-host, and if you've been
following the thread about security with hosts.equiv etc... if you don't
put an entry into it, he'll have to authenticate twice....

*shrug* Don't know why your (l)user doesn't just use ppp on his linux
box... most of my friends do it...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood