Re: PM-2E

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 01:53:20 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Muditha Gunatilake wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having a pm-2e with Comos3.3.3. I have a set of Penril V.34 modems
> working fine on dial up.
> But I am interested in setting up a lease line client with a fixed ip. I
> have a multitech modem MT2843BLK..ie belonging to MT2834 series. I want

1 ip only? then set as static...

Now, to diagnose further, give Radius version you are using and whatever
you have thought you might setup like perhaps the radius entry? We can't
just make it up for you out of the blue... well actually some of the
wizards out there can...

> to set this one on S29. What do I have to do...I have read but to make
> sure what I am doing makes sense as the manual is not the best. Secondly
> the init string for this modem.

Dunno, do you have a manual? Usually turn echo off (E0 usually) and
speaker (M0 usually )if it's AT command set &C1&D2 for signalling... Other
than that what is the client going to use to connect to it?

Oh, and you may want to upgrade to ComOS 3.5x due to memory leaks in
previous versions..

Luck!

--
Aloha from Paradise,