Re: PM3 and multicast (fwd)

Evan Champion (evanc@synapse.net)
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 00:34:56 -0400

MegaZone wrote:

> (Personally I am in the camp that thinks we should do it soon. Both
> Microsoft and Netscape are looking at adding mutlicast support for their
> channel technologies in the '5.0' releases under development. If that hits
> everyone will suddenly have multicast 'needs'.)

... and it would be very nice if those of us who have to deal with their
needs have something to play with before the time comes.

Multicasting has my vote as one of the top things that needs to be added
in COMOS. (After having to drive an hour to the office to get
my PM3's serial number, the top thing is that there should be some
way to read the box's serial number via telnet :-)

Evan