Re: PM Upgrade

jp@sugar.midcoast.com
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 14:41:27 -0400 (EDT)

> On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Carl Zemke wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone has tried upgrading the OS on a PM2-30 when it
> > is online. I do not have a spare I can swap it with. It is presently at
> > ComOS ver 3.3.2 and seems to have a memory leak.
> >
> > What's the comfort zone of doing this with people online?
>
> If possible I'll just busy out all the modems that would be affected, wait
> for everyone to get off, then upgrade.
> If everything goes smoothly the portmaster should only be out of service
> for about 40 seconds..
>
> James
> Expressway Internet Services

James is right - it's less than a minute that you'll be out of service.
It'd be quicker to upgrade it while in use than to swap out with another
portmaster. Just schedule the upgrade for an odd time when nobody will be
using it - like 5am or something.

--
/*
Jason Philbrook         |         Midcoast Internet Solutions