Re: USR 33.6 modems and PM3 (fwd)

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:08:13 -0700

MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Cybertech shaped the electrons to say...
> >I have 2 customers with USR 33.6 modems and they will NOT negotiate with my
> >PM3 box. The only way to get them to connect is to edit the INF file and
> >disable the 33.6, but then they can only log in at 14.4 !!!
>
> *shrug* We have other users with USR 33.6K modems connecting no problem.
>
> You also don't say what rev of ComOS you are running - which is the most
> important information you can provide.

Usinf a PM3, ComOS 3.5.1b8, one PRI and one CT1 this happens on both
when I dial in with a USR 33.6 modem. The FIRST time I dial into it,
I get a 31.2 connection. All others result is retrainning continuosly
without a connect until the connection timeout hits.

Now, here is the fun part. A Max 4004 with the same PRI and CT1 gets
100% connection rate at 31.2 or 28.8.

--
Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)
       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs