Re: Livingston support??

Derek Balling (dredd@mixi.net)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:13:55 -0500

At 07:00 PM 4/30/97 -0400, kbethke@ezy.net wrote:
>Does it usually take everyone else on this list 4 to 6 weeks to get
>a tech support call back from livingston? Cisco is from 10 minutes
>to 2 hours.. Guess I'll be getting AS5200's instead of pm3's They
>may cost a little more but at least they call you back.
>Are they too busy? or do they just not have any answers?

My first experience with Liv. tech support was very similar. What I found
works is to send email to support@livingston.com, and when a person
responds, LATCH ON TO THEM... :) Eventually they'll solve your problem or
direct you to a phone rep. Open the ticket at the same time you email them,
and your ticket will then have been open quite a while (although the email
support got to me really fast) and they're usually really friendly about
pushing a phone rep your way. :)

OVerall, I was really happy with my encounter, although I must admit the
runaround I got on INBOUND calls to their phone center didn't please me,
when their techs DID call me, it was great. :)

Derek