RE: France and PM3

Phil Taylor (Phil@lansystems.co.uk)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:44:41 +0100

STATUS: DOWN means that the PM3 cannot talk to the switch, you can
simulate this by unplugging the PRI from the back of the PM3 :-)

The PM3 will keep clocking up Bipolar errors until communication is
re-established.....

I would definately get France Telecom to check the line. Not sure about
this wrapping the wires round pins, are you sure that the PRI has been
correctly provisioned ????

What led's do you get on the back of the PM3, if it just the red one
then there is no communication between your PM3 and the switch, if it is
both the red and the green, that means that the physical connection to
the switch has been established but the PM3 was unable to establish a
protocol level connection, probably due to incorect provisioning at the
telco end, or the line being disabled at the telco end.

If you are sure that the Cabling/Provisioning are correct I would
suggest contacting support.

Cheers

Phil