Re: Solaris 2.5.1 + radius 1.16 = nologin?

Steven P. Crain (scrain@shore.net)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:52:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Mike Carlson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded our main authentication server from Solaris 2.4 to
> Solaris 2.5.1, but now it fails to validate consistantly. All the files
> were saved and then restored, so none of the data changed, as far as
> radius goes. One portmaster (that is local) gets nearly 100% success,
> but another one (that is at a remote POP, but got nearly 100% before the
> upgrade) gets about 80% at best now.
>
> I installed the performance related patches on the Solaris 2.5.1
> machine, but it didn't seem to get any better. Does anyone know of any
> tweaks that need to be done in order to make this work like before?

I think I recall fixing some alignment bugs in 1.16 when I compiled it for
Solaris. I only remember them in the radpass program, but the base 1.16
code is relatively buggy, so it may be failing for some other reason.

I recommend you try radius 2.0, since that is a newer, more stable
release.

Steven P. Crain scrain@shore.net http://www.shore.net/~scrain
Shore.Net Unix Development and Administration
An ISP with Excellence in the Greater Boston Area.