Re: Fast Busy!!!

Chad Scott (chad@txdirect.net)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 03:25:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Brian wrote:

> We have ALOT of available lines in our PRI's not being used, and lots of
> modems not in use, on our USR TC Hub. Everyone now and then we will dial
> in and get a fast busy. i am told that this means that the phone company
> has placed the pri out of service for an instant. is this true? anyone
> else get unexplainable fast busys (or slow even), when they have plenty of
> lines to burn? should I be worried or is this typical? it goes away
> within 2 minutes or so.

The explanation given by Southwestern Hell is that a fast busy indicates
either a full PRI or an "All Circuits are Busy" state.

I would open a ticket at the telco for this problem so they are aware of
it. If you don't complain they'll never fix it.

Chad Scott | chad@txdirect.net
Systems Administrator | Voice 210-308-9800 x206
Internet Direct, Incorporated | FAX 210-308-9240
Finger chad@txdirect.net for PGP Public Key