Re: What do the db levels Mean

Jean-Francois Laplante (jeff@bbsi.net)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 01:17:36 -0700

At 16:30 97-04-24 -0700, you wrote:

>> These look abnormally low - that would be from the telco.
>>
>> - -MZ
>
>My first CT1 from MCI always had these levels, and my current 3 CT1
>lines from USWest do too. Should I be complaining to USWest to get
>these levels raised, or do I need to shorten my cat5 cable run from
>the current 30 feet to something closer?
>
>Also, could the receive level be contributing to the Lost-Carrier problem
>people are experiencing (including us: 34.8% when using 3.5.1b11,
>but only 5.1% when using 3.5.1b8)?

I'm not sure if the stats are good or not but I have alot more Lost-Carrier
with b13 than with b8. The Db levels are similar to the above mentioned.
I don't know were those LC problem come from but they are very anoying to
me and my users.

JF.

INTERNET - BBSI Inc. + Fournisseur de Service Internet
Jean-Francois Laplante + et
jeff@bbsi.net + Babillard Electronique
418-968-6381 modems + Internet Service Provider
418-968-4433 voix/voice + and
418-968-5634 fax + Electronic Bulletin Board
141 Regnault Sept-Iles Quebec G4R 4M4