Re: Fast Busy!!!

Matthew S. Crocker (matthew@crocker.com)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 21:40:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Brian wrote:

Fast busy is sometimes know as 're-order busy' The Telco will generate a
fast busy when they cannot complete a call. This can be caaused by
several reasons. They don't have enough trunks to get from one switch to
another, Your circuit is in an error state, they have equipment problems

Normally the RBOC will be fined by the DPU if the generate a certain
percentage of fast-busies do to insufficient trunks

-Matt

> We have ALOT of available lines in our PRI's not being used, and lots of
> modems not in use, on our USR TC Hub. Everyone now and then we will dial
> in and get a fast busy. i am told that this means that the phone company
> has placed the pri out of service for an instant. is this true? anyone
> else get unexplainable fast busys (or slow even), when they have plenty of
> lines to burn? should I be worried or is this typical? it goes away
> within 2 minutes or so.
>
> Brian
>

> oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
> Brian Feeny oo ShreveNet, Inc. oo Phone: (318) 222-2NET
> UNIX Administrator oo 333 Texas St #619 oo FAX: (318) 221-6612
> signal@shreve.net oo Shreveport, LA 71101 oo http://www.shreve.net/
> oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Matthew S. Crocker - Systems Administration  	matthew@crocker.com
Crocker Communications				Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710					Fax:   (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710			http://www.crocker.com