Re: PM3 & NT3.51 RAS

Colin Ryan (drop@lglobal.com)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:07:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Steve Burnett wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Philip Thomas wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone been able to get the PM3 to route packets to a local subnet
> > behind an NT 3.51 RAS dialer?

That is correct. We would route a subnet via a normally assigned IP (ala
dialin). As well there is a registry entry that needs to be adjusted.
If you search the MS knowledgbase www.microsoft.com/kb and search for
RAS Routing you'll bring up some stuff.

In general the standard routing capabilities are horribly unflexable.

> If I remember right, we had to route a dail-up NT user's subnet through an
> IP number outside of that subnet.

> | Steve M. Burnett sburn@smbtech.com |

| Colin P. Ryan \!/ Building Strategies and |
| Local GlobalAccess Inc Solutions for Internets |
| 320 1/2 Bloor St. W. Toronto. ON and Intranets |
| e:drop@lglobal.com Phone: (416)515-7400 |