Re: Ascend MAX4048 and MAX4060, What do they cost? (fwd)

John G. Thompson (jgt10@livingston.com)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:36:29 -0700

At 05:45 AM 4/23/97 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Matthew S. Crocker shaped the electrons to say...
>>I don't know about anybody else on this list but I find it very annoying
>>and in very bad taste for an ascend employee to push Ascend products on
>>the Livingston list. If I wanted info I would join the Ascend list (which
>
>Kevin is here by my direct invitation.

AH! Good!

>Checks and balances. I think it is a very good thing to make sure we
>don't give out bad data on other products.

I agree!

>I don't consider anything Kevin has done 'pushing' Ascend products - he
>has presented answers to questions comparing the products, and corrected
>bad info. Same thing I do on the Ascend list.
>
>It isn't like he is posting their press releases and pricing announcements
>here.
>
>I rather enjoy and appreciate his participation.

I have yet to read anything off topic from Kevin. I have found his emails
very useful and always polite. He has provided a very useful alternate
viewpoint.

I said privately to him and I'll say it here that I appreciate his presence
on the list. I AM EXTREMELY glad that he finds the portmaster list
friendly enough to stay. I hope that he continues to participate.

JGT
IP petro primate

--
John G. Thompson       Livingston Enterprises Inc.    Phone: (800) 458-9966
JOAT(MON)              4464 Willow Road                 Fax: (510)737-2110