Re: Magic NYNEX incantation for channelized T1?

Kevin Smith (kevin@ascend.com)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:47:44 -0700

At 03:40 PM 4/18/97 -0500, Jake Messinger wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Shawn wrote:
>
>> The BRIs that we are being forced to get do not have per minute charges...
>> I'm not sure why..
>
>So you will then go with a PM 2 with a 5 port BRI card in it? Thats about
>the only way you are gonna get radius. The Ascend PIPELINE does NOT do
>radius, although I think they now have a box that you can plug 8 bri's
>into that will do radius.

I just want to clarify...no sales pitch, just information :)

The P25/50/75 do not support RADIUS, since they are designed as the remote
access "client" devices - as compared to the MAX line which are the remote
access
*server* devices. One exception was the P400...which is no longer manufactured
anyway.

The P400 always had a BRI model, supporting RADIUS. The MAX4000 series has
always had a BRI card option...supporting RADIUS. The MAX1800 *is* a BRI
interface unit ...supporting RADIUS.

Kevin Smith Updated Service and Support
Customer Satisfaction Resources are now at:
Ascend Communications http://www.ascend.com/service