Re: 56000 reported in auth request?

Karl Denninger (karl@Mcs.Net)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 11:38:30 -0500

On Thu, Apr 17, 1997 at 06:27:27AM -1000, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Todd Vierling wrote:
>
> > It's been a while since I've been on the list, just 'cause we've had PM2e's
> > working their reliable butts off for a while. Now, it's time for the PM3,
> > and I need to ask (so I don't have to run lengthy debug dumps of radius auth
> > requests):
> >
> > Does anyone already know if the PM3 sends the connect speed along with the
> > NAS-Port-Type in an auth request? With the upcoming K56flex, we don't want
> > to offer this at the same price as, say, 33.6k async, since the bandwidth
> > difference is dramatic.
>
> First, PM3's aren't shipping with K56Flex yet, so.... this will be hard to
> say, unless you're in engineering at Livingston.. 8) But, current output
> of the RADIUS log:
>
> Thu Apr 17 06:18:01 1997
> Acct-Session-Id = "05000AC8"
> User-Name = "dreamer"
> NAS-IP-Address = 207.24.9.111
> NAS-Port = 3
> NAS-Port-Type = Async <<<<<<<
> Acct-Status-Type = Start
> Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
> Called-Station-Id = "5381212"
> Service-Type = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Framed-IP-Address = 207.24.9.230
> Acct-Delay-Time = 0
> Timestamp = 861293881

If they add another NAS-Port-Type flag, you can then use that in RADIUS to
discriminate between connection types at authentication time.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal