Re: Multiple IP w/ PAP ? (fwd)

Ralf Sauther (rhs@inka.de)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:40:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> >Ptest Password = "test", NAS-IP-Address = x.x.x.x
> > User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
> > Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> > Framed-Address = 1.1.1.1
> > Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
> > Framed-Route = "1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3"
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> That is dead wrong. Completely bad syuntax. If that is working, I don't
> know how.
Sorry, i was wrong. It should be:

Framed-Route = "1.1.1.2 1.1.1.1 1"
Framed-Route = "1.1.1.3 1.1.1.1 1"

> If you are assigning IPs then you have to have multiple user entries -
> period. That is how RADIUS works - with static IPs each user entry is
> allowed ONE IP only.
Pretty bad. Even the linux pppd has this feature, a machine for $8000
don't. Ouh well...

> You can change and use negotiated, where the user picks their own IP.
Can i get this in removing the Framed-Address: completely and adding the
missing IP into the Framed-Route directive ?

Ralf

--
Ralf Sauther -- rhs@inka.de -- Keine Kommerz-Mailings erwuenscht !