Re: Monitoring PM Users

Andy Doolittle (andy@server.livingston.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:11:56 -0700 (PDT)

What ComOS are you using? set max pmconsole appeared relatively
recently (3.3.3??) It was never in GatorOS or whatever it was called.

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Adalto Silva Correia Filho wrote:

> Hi Sherwood,
>
> I'd tried to execute the command you gave me "set max
> pmconsole..." but it gave me the systax error of set usage. I already saw
> other PortMasters working and their pmconsole port shows up a little
> bit different of mine. The port shows with sh netconns like this:
>
> 7 0 0 fortim.ufc.br.1653 0.0.0.0.0 LISTEN
^^^^

This is a Cayman box. The GatorAccess used a different command port
than ComOS did. You won't be able to set max pmconsole or a whole
bunch'o'stuff with it. I think we had a trade-up program once upon a
time - try sales@livingston.com.

> The others I've seen has the termination .1643 instead of 1653 and the
> Hnd number is so much bigger (like 403). Is there something wrong with
> the configuration of the pmconsole port?

The 1643 port is ComOS for Livingston PortMasters. The hnd number is
bigger because every time a connection opens it gets incremented. The
PortMaster is probably more heavily used than the GatorAccess.

> Regards,
> Adalto S. C. Filho
>

> On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:
>

> > Command>set max pmconsole [1-10]
> >
> > On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:
> >
> > > check digests/archives .. you probably have to set console number
> > > higher...but, as usual, I can't remember how, so someone else will list
> > > it!

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - Sr. Engineer Livingston Enterprises
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588