Re: CT1 vs. PRI

Jeffrey J. Mountin (sysop@mixcom.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 08:45:54 -0500

At 07:22 AM 4/15/97 -0700, Marty Likier wrote:
>The real question is do require ISDN service? If you do, than PRI is the
>best way to go. If you are just trying to support dial-in analog modems,
>then CT1 is a good choice. However with that said, the PM3's has a unique
>implementation for answering calls over a CT1 which permits the answering
>of both analog modems and ISDN (56K) data-over-voice calls. So you can get
>limited ISDN service without paying for the premium of PRI. ;-)

But even if you use just the modems isn't PRI the preferred method?

I believe this was brought up before and once K56flex is out I plan to have
one PRI turned up and see if it does work better over PRI. Regardless the
real world testing is what counts. 8-)

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990