Re: Multi-Tech CommPlete vs. PM3?

Steven P. Crain (scrain@shore.net)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 18:38:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Richard Yoo wrote:

> At 04:27 PM 4/7/97 -0600, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> >Agreed, Livingston is going around making promises about this 56k stuff
> >becuase they're not that stupid :-)
>
> Or, maybe they are stupid. It's a gamble... if Multi-Tech looses and
> finds out that they need new chips then the loose some money... big deal,
> but they got a huge portion of the market that was afraid to invest in
> 56k-type technology because of the unforeseen future -- those new clients
> may be worth lots more.
>
> And as Karl said, this is a huge marketing advantage...

I personally have more confidence in Livingston providing the final
upgrade for free whether or not they say they will than in any other
company providing it at all even if they promise it will be free.

Steven P. Crain scrain@shore.net http://www.shore.net/~scrain
Shore.Net Unix Development and Administration
An ISP with Excellence in the Greater Boston Area.