Re: ISDN via DOV probs

Andy Doolittle (andy@server.livingston.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:11:20 -0700 (PDT)

Which PMconsole? Version and platform, please. Sounds like a bug to
me 8-(

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, keith wrote:

> Karl Denninger wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 07, 1997 at 06:00:53PM -0400, keith wrote:
> > > We connecting our first ISND customer via D0V and CHT1 (very exciting).
> > > However the customer is only able to connect on one channel. Buy the way
> > > we do not have any ISDN customers connected via livingston products at
> > > this point, this our first PM3. It seems as if the MAX Ports option in
> > > PMConsole may control this, however it will not let me use 2 as an
> > > option. Any suggestions...do we have the PM3 misconfigured somehow?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Keith Snell
> > > 3W Power Internet Services
> > > Boston, MA
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > 112kbps DOVBS does in fact work; I have tested this extensively.
> >
> > You *DO* have to have Max-Ports set to "2", or the second channel gets
> > rejected. This is as it should be.
> >
> "DO" seems to be the problem. PMConsole will not accept a Max Ports
> setting of 2, it keeps resetting to 0. Is there a portmaster or radius
> config that restricts Max ports? (note: his one line connection works
> perfectly). Since this is our first Dual Port customer on the PM3, i
> assume im overlooking something very simple. Have combed the manuals and
> havent come up with an answer.
>
> Wisdom for the PM3 challenged...
>
> Keith Snell
> 3W Power Internet Services
> Boston, MA

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - Sr. Engineer Livingston Enterprises
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588