Re: PM2E-30 woes

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 00:08:28 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Frederic Woodbridge wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> This is the first time I am writing to the group and I hope you will
> be able to help me.
>
> We have a PM2E-30 with USR 28.8Kbps modems. I just recently took over
> as sysadmin and I am not too familiar with the intricacies of
> PortMasters.
>
> We also have a hunt group of numbers.
> There are times, however, that the modems just do not pick up when a
> call comes in and reseting the PortMaster. I have researched the issue

?? you need to reset the PM to get it to answer again? Have you tried just
resetting the modems individually to narrow down the source of difficulty?

Also find out what version of ComOS is running on your PM. FIND the
manuals and read them... the more you know first, the easier it will be to
debug.

--
Aloha,

Sherwood