Re: Radius, BSD, Linux, etc

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Christopher Hicks wrote:

> "certainly benefit" is a little strong. Have different distributions or
> OS's may make management harder, but it could also make breaking in to
> both harder. Given Stavros' initial question it sounds like he's already
> (for whatever reason) has both. Reinstalling to make this work would be
> going pretty far out of the way.

Replacing all of one machines crypt routines would also be pretty far
out of the way. (Unless you were using PAM or a package manager to
ensure that nothing else - besides login and radiusd breaks)
I didn't suggest he scrape an OS off one machine and replace the OS.
Merely that selecting two machines with the same OS makes file
synchronization easier. If two machines are all you have and they are
running two different OS's, then so be it.