Re: PM3's and disconnects.

Jean-Francois Laplante (jeff@bbsi.net)
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 09:47:18 -0700

At 21:54 97-04-08 -0500, you wrote:

>Everyone? Shall we follow Beth and get trouble tickets open? If they
>start to have several open tickets, perhaps they'll get the idea that
>we're not all crazy and there really *IS* a legitimate problem with
>disconnects.

I'm running chanelised T1. I already have an open ticket (# 032741). I
opened it sometime in late february/begining of March. The ticket
concerned slower connect speeds, IBM Mwave modems and a 20 - 480 second
delay for the digital modems to become "READY" again when someone
disconnect. I had several reports of disonnects as well but I tought I was
caused by the warming weather and unfreezing phone lines. I had a similar
problem with my PM2s and ComOS 3.5 and I downgraded to 3.3.3 and it "seems"
to help. I was told that a new ComOS for yhe PM3 was going to be available
mid march but I'm still waiting.

The Livingston people must have a dilema betwen working lots of hours to
fix the modem code (if it's the cause) for the old modem cards and
developping the new code for the new Lucent cards. Ultimatly, they will
fix the problem and will begin the cycle again this summer with the new cards.

I'm not dissatified with the PM3 because the box itself is very stable and
easy to set up. I would only say it's not running at 100%. It is also
much more unforgiving for old and/or low quality modems.

Well, that was my status report.

JF.

INTERNET - BBSI Inc. + Fournisseur de Service Internet
Jean-Francois Laplante + et
jeff@bbsi.net + Babillard Electronique
418-968-6381 modems + Internet Service Provider
418-968-4433 voix/voice + and
418-968-5634 fax + Electronic Bulletin Board
141 Regnault Sept-Iles Quebec G4R 4M4