Re: Port stuck in USERNAME

Thrasher (thrasher@death.cs.twsu.edu)
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 22:42:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Ryan Cashin wrote:

> Case in point of "you don't really pay attention 'til it happens to you"
>
> I know there has been a lot of discussion on it...
>
> What is the 'fix' for a port stuck in USERNAME.

Well since the discussion of multiple logins, and stuck in USERNAME
has come up, PMMON is your solution. I'm in the process now of
puting up a 2.1 beta. It has been running stable, and is ready for more
use. It traps for stuck in USERNAME, resets the port, and sends the
admin email about it. The reset may not fix the port though. You may
have to cycle power on your modem. That usually fixes it if a reset
doesn't.

The 2.1 docs are not up yet, but you can get some additional information
on it at

http://www.squashduck.com/~pmmon/pmmon/2.1/new.html

You can view some of the docs at

http://www.squashduck.com/~pmmon/pmmon/2.1/

If there are things broke at the site, remember it is being worked on.

Brad..

> thanks,
> ryan

Brad Owens
Product Development
thrasher@squashduck.com
http://www.squashduck.com/~thrasher/jwz/
Squashed Duck, Inc
4015 N. Woodlawn Suite 1
Wichita, KS 67220
Phone: (316) 652-8907 Fax: (316) 651-0076

Port Master Monitor Utility
http://www.pmmon.com/
http://www.squashduck.com/~thrasher/jwz/pmmon-2.0/