Re: Channelized T-1 Ordering Information

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:15:57 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Aaron Smith wrote:

> owner-portmaster-users-digest@livingston.com wrote:
>
> We are in the process of setting up a number of PM3's
> for use by our dial in internet users. We plan on upgrading these
> units to take advantage of the new 56k technology when it is
> available. I have read a large number of literature on the the
> requirements of this technology, but was wondering if Livingston
> has any specific information on what is required to take advantage
> of the increased speed. The information that I have gathered
> is that the T-1's must be installed Trunk side at the Telco.
> Unfortunately, the GTE reps in our area are uncertain of exactly
> how this is supposed to be done. I have called Livingston's Tech
> support and am expecting a call back, but I am sending this message
> in order to cover all the bases. If anyone either has information
> that I can forward to GTE, or knows of where I can obtain this
> information, I would appreciate it!

Are you considering also providing ISDN service? If so, then order PRIs!
Unless costing here is a factor...

alpha page is up at:

<http://iav.com/~poidog/pm3>

this is how I setup our PRI and PM3....

hopefully people will submit more information so we can all have a central
site for information...and I sure don't want to overload MZ by having him
do all the webpages!

--
Aloha,

Sherwood