Re: Multi-Tech CommPlete vs. PM3?

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 07:30:44 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Richard Yoo wrote:

> This *most* siginifcant thing about the COMMplete is that >>they guarantee
> FREE upgrades to the ITU-T 56k standard<<.... this is has started to make
> me consider the multi-tech stuff *very* seriously... oh, and it's
> cheaper... <grin>

is cheaper better? Granted the PM3 was cheaper than the USR TC, but then
again, I've had experiences with the PM2 that were very happy...will this
be the same case for multitech equipment? Also, I didn't have time to
look it up, but what chipset will they be using... I have the feeling
it'll be Rockwell...New Rockwell stuff is nice! But *shiver* remember RPI
modem chipsets?

As for multitech, I used to work at an ISP with multitech modems... they
were so-so...thing was they were v.fast or v.fc ... *shrug* anyhow, many
true v.34 modems either hated them or connected at 14.4K.

I think I'm delirious, getting off subject...just my feeling is,
Livingston support has been awesome for me...though I kinda wish the women
who give out the trouble ticket numbers got new headsets, as I keep on
asking them to repeat themselves, and I guess they get cranky at me for
that... ;) And my PM2 has been still cranking with no changes...still
ComOS 3.3.3 and up time of over 94 days...and that is the kind of
reliability in company and equipment that I pay for!

--
Aloha,

Sherwood