Re: WinNT 4.0 & Strange Behavior?

Ed Seiler (ed@nenet.com)
Sun, 06 Apr 1997 23:26:49 -0700

Jeremy Malli wrote:

> I stumbled on to the solution today though, finally. At first I thought
> the NT 4.0 users needed a static IP Address, which actually seemed to fix
> the problem. Actually, all they need is their username listed in the
> /etc/raddb/users file. Once that username is listed in the users file, the
> connection works great, every time, with dynamic addressing. Once that
> entry is taken out of the users file, the connection works as described
> above. Anyone have any idea why this is???

I use NT4.0 all the time without a entry in the radius users file and
have never had that problem. It does give me a CRC error and
corresponding honk every time I log on though. Win 3.1 and Win 95 don't
have that error. Fortunately it is not terminal. Just an extra beep.

Ed
RCIA - Real Cheap Internet Access
Redmond, WA