Re: Mirror sites, PLEASE!

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 18:27:22 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Jacob H. Suter wrote:

> Well... as I sit here downloading radius.pdf, which is taking about all
> day, I'm beginning to wonder why doesn't livingston put up some mirror
> sites with at least the files (the pdf's, the pmconsoles, etc etc) that
> are non beta stuff up elsewhere? Its not that hard to do mirrors.
>
> I've gotten better transfer rates off a 14.4k, or a 2.4k for that matter.
>
> Either there has to be some mirrors, or you gotta get a real upstream
> because this is just...sad.

I've thought the same thing for a long time, but then when you realize
Livingston is connect to Netcom, and their largest customer is Netcom,
what good would this suggestion really be?

> Jacob Suter

Tim Flavin Internet Access for St Louis & Chicago
Internet 1st, Inc Toll Free Sales & Support 800-875-3173
http://www.i1.net For more information email info@i1.net