Re: ASCEND brain-dead implementation? Or something else

Kevin Smith (kevin@ascend.com)
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 15:11:00 -0800

At 07:44 PM 4/2/97 -0600, you wrote:
>MPP, and OSPF for routing on our end. No routing on the customer side.

MP....since MPP is Ascend's MP+ (RFC1934)...

>The problem is the timeout on the PM3 interfaces. Since it appears ASCEND
>is only transmitting on ONE channel, the timeout never gets reset, and the
>line drops.

Was this sent before the customer fixed the P50 - or is this still at issue?

>My understanding of MPP is that this is broken behavior; you WANT to
>ping-pong between logical interfaces.

Correct. (Of both MP and MP+).

Kevin Smith Updated Service and Support
Senior Technical Support Engineer Resources are now at:
Customer Satisfaction
Ascend Communications http://www.ascend.com/service