Re: PRI Prices in BC

Warren Vanichuk (pyber@prcn.org)
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 15:08:41 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Gordon Soukoreff wrote:

> What pricing are people getting for PRI in BC, Canada ?
> ( From good 'ol BC Tel )

Actually, I've just had a long conversation with BCTel about provisioning
T1s. First off, the service you are looking for (PRI) is called
"MegaLink". And they had no problems giving us the services specified as
optimal on the Livingston webpage.

The costs are :

Installation - $1250.00
Per Month - $1636.00
DNIS - $ 2.50 per *CHANNEL*
CallerID - $ 10.00 per TRUNK

I recommend you call BCTel sales to confirm these prices, as they may vary
from region to region.. :)

A question for the list at large.. Are there any advantages when
provisioning the T1s to getting fiber layed instead of copper? BCTel
offered us the option (at no additional cost even! :) and I was wondering if
it makes any difference.. :)

Aluve, Warren