Re: PROBLEMS WITH IPs !!! (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 06:08:29 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time Chris G. shaped the electrons to say...
>On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Alexsandro D. F. Correia wrote:
>> I want to log an user with a fix IP. Then I fix the ip on the
>> RADIUS like this :
>> acorreia Password = UNIX
>> User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
>> Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>> Framed-Address = 255.255.107.190,
>> Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>> Framed-Routing = None,
>> Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP,
>> Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp.in"
>> Framed-MTU = 1500
>> Sessions = 1
>Well, the first thing you have to do is change the Framed-Routing entry to
> Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,

BAD. Listening to RIP from users is asking for trouble. There is no need
for this.

>and also, you have to turn routing on on the serial port you have them
>connected to. (broadcast on listen on).

This makes NO difference. Port settings are ignored for dialin and dialout.

-MZ

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588